Staff Shop is looking for a friendly and driven individual to source, recruit and interview candidates for IT roles with quick, clear and friendly communication. The Freelance IT Recruiter would be expected to assist on projects by supporting the recruitment process if and when necessary. If you are the right person, you will be joining a fierce competitor in the Staffing & Essential Resources space, who is passionate about freeing up time, showcasing the value in people, and providing growth opportunities for everyone involved.
The Freelance IT Recruiter ensures that every order that Staff Shop receives is filled, leaving no opportunity unattended and no money left sitting on the table.
Reports to: COO
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Maintain a consistent inflow of candidates across different industries and geographical areas with a focus on IT Professionals including but not limited to developers, analysts and project managers
- Present qualified candidates in the Staff Shop format in a timely manner in response to open requisitions
- Manage day-to-day client and candidate communication (in person, phone, email, and other), ensuring timely response rates to all stakeholders to ensure satisfaction
- Conduct quality calls and check ins to assess needs on site, replace and react if needed
Administrative Support (20%)
- Demonstrate and speak to Company Mission, Vision and Values, demonstrating company culture to other employees, clients and temporary staff as appropriate. Act as an ambassador for Staff Shop using language as directed by Upper Management
- Ensure timely collection and filing of signed documents from clients and candidates, supporting the process of hiring and onboarding in accordance with all ESA and MOL standards
- Create and send communications as directed, using and creating templates where necessary, to support the constant flow of communication with all stakeholders
- Support calendaring and and administration for interviews, assessments and offers,, taking a detail-oriented approach to tasks as directed
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary education or a combination of related education and experience • Strong writing and verbal communication skills are required
- 1 – 3 years’ experience full cycle recruiting with 2 years’ experience working on IT roles
- Must be flexible on hours of availability going above and beyond regular office hours for client requirements and servicing (dependent on Client)
- A proven track record of delivering results and following through on objectives
- Previous experience utilizing recruiting resources such as job site aggregators, ATS and job distribution tools
- Proficient in electronic and traditional prospecting and networking skills; ability to proactively and continually seek new sourcing options and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer
- MS Office – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven project management (managing and prioritizing multiple searches and projects) and client relationships skills
- Accountability – Responds to job-related commitments by meeting deadlines and being reliable; reviews and assumes additional responsibilities.
- Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and requirements. Recognizes new information and ideas with a willingness to alter opinions and behaviours. Applies versatility, reasoning, and innovativeness in the face of change. Able to collaborate comfortably in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
- Communication – Ensures that communication efforts meet the needs of various groups and is properly understood.
- Decision Making – Makes concrete, well-informed, and thought-out decisions that support the overall organization. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions, even when data and details are limited. When making unfavourable decisions that might have negative consequences, examines the impacts and potential implications to ensure that decision is valid for the situation.
- Networking and Relationship Building – Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships and networks of key contacts with people and colleagues; maintains partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Planning and Organizing – Adapts priorities and responsibilities in response to changing needs.
- Problem Solving – Responds to issues by offering solutions that fall within the positional responsibilities, involves others as required.
- Results & Service Orientation – Operates with high attention to detail regarding performance goals; works on a continuous basis to meet or exceed client and organizational needs.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates in group activities, fostering a team environment.
- Stationary Position (90-100%), Move / traverse (2 – 10%), Operate a computer / phone (90-100%)
- Environment: Work remotely, indoor, moderate noise levels
- Hours: Not dictated by Staff Shop, as this is an Independent Contractor role. Freelancer is strongly encouraged to abide by Staff Shop’s Remote Work Hours Model
- Compensation: This is a commission role. Earnings can vary drastically depending on the capacity and skill level of the Freelancer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Staff Shop strives to create a fair playing field where the most qualified and capable candidates succeed based on merit alone. We know that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, 2SLGBTQI+ people, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that we will never reach our definition of excellence without you.
Please use this link to complete our online core value assessment: https://members.taylorprotocols.com/Tools/CVIGift.aspx?GiftHash=dde39b67-6c08-1037-9eee-a667101c5d7d
This assessment will take 10 minutes to complete and there is no right or wrong answer, simply what you value most. The completion of this assessment is a prerequisite to be considered for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: $32,291.00-$104,072.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Profit sharing
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- Agency recruitment: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Remote