Are you looking for an opportunity that provides you with a competitive compensation and benefit package, with the flexibility to maintain a healthy work-life balance, especially during the summer months? As a Tax Manager at one of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top 100 Employers and a recognized Canadian Top Small & Medium Employer for 2023, you’ll have the chance to not only excel in your role but also to continuously learn, grow professionally, and contribute significantly to our dynamic and esteemed team. Join us and become part of a vibrant, innovative, and supportive workplace that fosters both personal and professional development!
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Flexible work-life balance and summer hours
- Professional development, learning, and growth support
- A variety of community involvement opportunities
- Final review of tax compliance; including tax returns for individuals, corporations, trusts, and partnerships, and related foreign reporting requirements
- Lead and direct tax planning engagements and the preparation of technical tax memos
- Review instruction letters for the execution of corporate reorganizations, estate & post-mortem tax planning, business succession planning, and the purchase & sale of a business
- Conducting tax research and interpreting tax legislation and proposed legislative changes to suggest proactive solutions to clients, Senior Managers, and Partners
- Bring to the attention of the Senior Manager or Tax Partner, any significant issues or findings, along with recommendations for their resolution. Discuss with the Assurance Partner if required
- Delegate tasks where appropriate and manage their completion within firm quality and client delivery standards
- Correspond with Canada Revenue Agency and provincial ministries on client-related issues
- Act as a technical resource for the firm and take a proactive approach to the mentoring and development of staff
- Participate in client meetings to discuss schedules, technical issues, and recommendations
- Proactively managing billings and recoverability on tax engagements.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of five (5) years of accounting experience in a public accounting practice, with a minimum of two (2) years specializing in taxation
- Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant Designation (CPA, CA)
- Willingness to enrol, or currently enrolled in the CPA In-Depth Tax Course, or successful completion of the MTax program
- Thorough understanding and experience with Canadian income taxation, with tax planning experience as an asset
- Eagerness to be continuously learning and gaining experience in a broad range of tax concepts
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume. We so look forward to connecting!
As an equal opportunity employer, Staff Shop celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We know that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalised people in society including but not limited to BIPOC, 2 LGBTQIIA+ people, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalised communities because we believe that we will never reach our definition of excellence without you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (required)
Work Location: In person