Start Date: Immediately, ongoing
About Staff Shop:
Staff Shop Inc. specializes in Temporary, Direct Hire, Payrolling & Consulting Hospitality & Event Staffing Services – for food services companies, caterers, venues, hotels, large annual events, festivals and private clients across North America, and the Caribbean. We have an immediate opening for a Kitchen Helper
What Staff Shop Offers:
- Our staff enjoy the proper tax deductions, a weekly pay-cheque paid direct deposit, and a T4 each year
- We follow all provincial government regulations regarding your rights as an employee and your personal information is handled with the utmost confidentiality
- Advanced technology allows for easy scheduling and communication with our Staff Star teams
- Referrals are welcomed! Opportunities to work with your friends and network in the industry.
About the role:
We are looking for a Sous Chef who will be responsible for serving, garnishing, and preparing food along with other kitchen duties. To succeed in this role, you will need to have a positive attitude and the ability to work in conditions involving noise, heat, temperature changes, kitchen elements, moisture, etc.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Preparing, cutting and weighing of ingredients in order to assemble products as specified in pre-set recipes.
- General clean up around the kitchen including; equipment, refrigerator organization.
- Equipped with knife skills, and preferably be skilled in weighing and measuring ingredients.
- Performing all kinds of cleaning duties of the kitchen including and maintenance and general sanitation
- Working in a timely manner ensuring overall food quality and health standards are maintained
- Proven hospitality and/or customer service experience
- Ability to provide excellent guest service while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude and ability to communicate effectively.
- Reliable transportation to work location as per assignment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 per hour