Job Title: Sous Chef (Seafood)
Start Date: ASAP
About the role:
We have an exciting/urgent requirement for our client’s hospitality company, seeking the interest of dynamic, experienced, and responsible professionals for the position of Sous Chef Japanese, Mediterranean, and Seafood Experience
Duties include but are not limited to:
. Ensure overall cleanliness and efficiency of kitchen operation
. Deliver quality production and food presentation at all times
. Oversee preparation to ensure quality and timeliness of food delivery
. Maintain portion control and maximize product utilization
. Use safe food handling and sanitary preparation for all food items
. Manage food line for efficient flow and volume during meal service
. Assist in planning of new menus, production and implementation
. Train kitchen staff in food preparation, presentation and equipment operation to company quality and performance standards
. Provide ongoing guidance, coaching and feedback to develop employee skills, productivity and teamwork
. Demonstrate and model professionalism, courtesy and respect for customers in all Front of House situations
. Communicate and uphold company policies, regulations and performance standards. Uphold and enforce compliance with employee uniform and grooming standards at all times
Must Have Japanese, Mediterranean, and Seafood experience
Strong English Communication skills are a must
. Experience in a kitchen with a High Flow Rate
. Experience/Ability to take on a Leadership Role
· Sound knowledge of all food preparation
· Basic Understanding and working knowledge of PC Applications
· Current safe food handling certification
· Solid understanding of all cost control areas
· Solid understanding of Health and Safety issues
· General to advanced communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required to interact effectively with all levels of staff and communicate ideas and concepts effectively
· General to advanced organizational and time management skills
· General leadership and influencing skills
Criminal Record Check upon hiring
Start Date: ASAP
Worksite Locations: Beautiful Nassau, Bahamas! (Multiple locations)
Compensation: Monthly payment in USD -Negotiable
Min 2-year commitment
Full-time relocation required and facilitated.
Work permits, Accommodations & Travel will be provided by the client.
If you are qualified and interested, please reply with your updated resume to kimberley(at)staffshop.ca
and complete our 5-minute core value assessment https://members.taylorprotocols.com/Tools/CVIGift.aspx?GiftHash=dde39b67-6c08-1037-9eee- a667101c5d7d
– no right or wrong answer, simply what you value most.
We look forward to meeting you
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$23.93 per hour
- How many Years, Japanese, Mediterranean, and Seafood Experience?
- Current safe food handling certification?
- Able to Relocate: 2 yr minimum commitment in the Bahamas?
(Travel, Work Permit, Accommodations Provided. For employee only)
- Sous Chef: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location