Staff Shop is looking for a resourceful and driven individual to manage a large scale recruitment project in rural Alberta. This individual will source, recruit and interview applicants for entry-level light-industrial work, facilitate remote training modules, schedule employees for on-site training and ongoing shifts, and coordinate with on-site management on a day to day basis. If you are the right person, you will be joining a fierce competitor in the Staffing & Essential Resources space, who is passionate about freeing up time, showcasing the value in people, and providing growth opportunities for everyone involved.
The right Project Manager will take pervasive ownership of this project, bringing high-volume recruitment and people management expertise as well as exceptional problem-solving skills and strong independence. They will be the lead on this project with 0-3 team members assisting at any time. They will bring experience in HR, recruitment and account management, and provide the highest quality service to clients and candidates, always in accordance with Company values.
Reports to: COO
RECRUITMENT & SELECTION (70%)
- Post and maintain job advertisements and social media presence as well as using creative sourcing tactics to quickly build a database of qualified and available candidates
- Evaluate resumes, conduct interviews and evaluate candidates to determine fit & suitability, assign and evaluate applicable assessments, meeting hiring goals and metrics
- Work closely with upper management and Clients to track performance against deadlines
- Creatively determine innovative ways to source candidates, expand referral network, and keep talent pipeline full
- Manage day-to-day candidate communication (in person, phone, email, and other), ensuring timely response rates to all stakeholder to ensure satisfaction
- Conduct quality calls and check ins to assess needs on site, replace and react if needed
- Maintain database of candidates effectively, ensuring current and accurate information and auditing for errors and missing data
TRAINING & MANAGEMENT (30%)
- Demonstrate and speak to Company Mission, Vision and Values, demonstrating company culture to other employees, clients and temporary staff as appropriate. Act as an ambassador for Staff Shop using language as directed by Upper Management
- Schedule and facilitate completion of online training modules, in-person training sessions and additional assessments as required
- Schedule employees for shifts, monitoring performance and maintaining adequate backup roster to prepare for attrition
- Track satisfaction of on-site management, and recommend salary evaluations as appropriate
- Conduct performance coaching, corrective action conversations, terminations and document as appropriate
- Ensure timely collection and filing of signed documents from clients and candidates, supporting the process of hiring and onboarding in accordance with all ESA and MOL standards
- Create and send communications as directed, using and creating templates where necessary, to support the constant flow of communication with all stakeholders
- Ensure timely and accurate collection of time and attendance information, and submission to payrolling department
- Work remotely 95% of the time, infrequent on-site visits may be required. Transportation reimbursed.
- Post-secondary education or a combination of related education and experience • Strong writing and verbal communication skills are required
- 3+ years’ experience full-cycle recruiting with a minimum of 2 years proven successful project management experience
- Must be flexible on hours of availability going above and beyond regular office hours for project requirements
- A proven track record of delivering results and following through on objectives
- Previous experience utilizing recruiting resources such as job site aggregators, ATS and job distribution tools
- Proficient in electronic and traditional prospecting and networking skills; ability to proactively and continually seek new sourcing options and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates
- Google Workspace – including Drive, Docs, Sheets, Meet, Calendar and Forms
Accountability – Responds to job-related commitments by meeting deadlines and being reliable; reviews and assumes additional responsibilities.
Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and requirements. Recognizes new information and ideas with a willingness to alter opinions and behaviours. Applies versatility, reasoning, and innovativeness in the face of change. Able to collaborate comfortably in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
Communication – Ensures that communication efforts meet the needs of various groups and is properly understood.
Decision Making – Makes concrete, well-informed, and thought-out decisions that support the overall organization. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions, even when data and details are limited. When making unfavourable decisions that might have negative consequences, examines the impacts and potential implications to ensure that decision is valid for the situation.
Networking and Relationship Building – Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships and networks of key contacts with people and colleagues; maintains partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
Planning and Organizing – Adapts priorities and responsibilities in response to changing needs.
Problem Solving – Responds to issues by offering solutions that fall within the positional responsibilities, involves others as required.
Results & Service Orientation – Operates with high attention to detail regarding performance goals; works on a continuous basis to meet or exceed client and organizational needs.
Stationary Position (80 – 90%), Move / traverse (10 – 20%), Operate a computer / phone (90%)
Environment: Work remotely, indoor, moderate noise levels
As a prerequisite for application, please complete our Core Values Index at tiny.cc/staffshopinc There are no right or wrong answers, just follow your gut, be as honest as you can, and don’t overthink it!
Contract length: 6 months
Expected Start Date: 2021-03-22
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $750.00-$1,000.00 per week