Role: Maintenance Technician – Handyman
Location: Vancouver, BC
Start Date: ASAP
Wage: $22-28 per hr
About Staff Shop:
Staff Shop Inc. specializes in Temporary, Direct Hire, Payrolling & Consulting services, hiring and placing amazing candidates like you for our Clients in all industries, across North America, and the Caribbean. If you want to work, we want to work with you
What Staff Shop Offers:
Our staff enjoy the proper tax deductions, a weekly pay-cheque paid direct deposit, and a T4 each year
We follow all provincial government regulations regarding your rights as an employee and your personal information is handled with the utmost confidentiality
Advanced technology allows for easy scheduling and communication with our Staff Star teams
Referrals are welcomed! Opportunities to work with your friends and network in the industry.
About the role:
Our client is currently looking for someone who can cover a 2 month leave starting ASAP. Could be an ongoing temporary contract. We are looking for a person that is generally very comfortable with handy work, general repairs, working on ladders, room setups/moving tables and chairs for events, using power tools, basic plumbing/painting, etc. You have to be comfortable on computers as that is how work is reported and updated.
• Monitor and ensure all HVAC Systems (especially Data Center, UPS and Comm. Rooms) are working. Report any issues immediately to your Supervisor.
• Complete minor preventative maintenance duties.
• Daily check and maintenance of sump pumps.
• Daily, weekly and monthly building rounds/logs and scheduled visual inspections of
building equipment and parts to identify signs of deterioration and/or damage.
• Maintenance and annual inspections and general clean-up of storage spaces.
• Become familiar with building fire alarm system and shutoff locations.
• Use Landport and FINANCEdirect ticketing systems daily to receive and respond to
internal and external ticket requests and work orders
Attend to client needs such as:
- Temperature/furniture/lighting adjustments
- Minor plumbing: Repair leaky faucets, clean out clogged drain pipes,
etc. as required
- Repair, plaster and paint walls and ceilings as required
- Install new and/or repair broken locks
- Furniture configuration/moves as required
- Lamp checks and/or replacements as required
- Preform miscellaneous carpentry work as required
- Diagnose and assess minor electrical problems
- Complete Meeting Room set-ups as required
• Daily lunch coverage of the Shipping & Receiving position – send and/or receive and log any
parcels and notify employees of their deliveries through the Shipping mailbox.
• Participate in on-call rotation schedule and become familiar with all first responder procedures
• Assist with general custodial duties as assigned.
• Other maintenance tech or facilities administration related duties may be assigned as necessary.
• All work to be completed as per Technical Safety BC standards.
As an equal opportunity employer, Staff Shop celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We know that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, 2SLGBTQAA+ people, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that we will never reach our definition of excellence without you.
Location: Mainland St, Vancouver, BC V6B, Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour