Logistics Clerk Job Description
Do you have experience working in the Supply Chain and Logistics industry? Are you a well-rounded individual able to work in a fast-paced environment with exceptional communication skills? Are you a self driven individual who strives to meet deadlines and build strong relationships? If so, then keep reading, we have an amazing CONTRACT opportunity for you!
What’s in it for you
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Pay Rate: $21-24/hr
- Employment Type: Full-Time Contract – 1 year
- Location: GTA
What you bring to the table:
- 3-5 years of related Trucking industry work experience.
- Strong computer and typing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter with good judgement and delegate when appropriate
- Detail oriented team player with the ability to coordinate and plan
- A solid book of contacts in the industry
- Coordinating and preparing shipping documents
- Handles clerical responsibilities for the shipping department
- Tracks Inventory information and availability of products,
- Coordinate with carriers/drivers/freights to schedule pick up of goods.
- Negotiate pricing with external freight forwarders.
- Planning and assigning loads to the long-haul resources and assets
- Dispatch drivers on planned trips
- Communicate with outside carriers/customers for securing loads
- Negotiate rates directly with customers and assist with inquiries
- College Certificate, College Diploma, or University Degree
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS OFFICE (Word and Excel)
- Customs Documentation is considered an asset
- Knowledge of DOT and MTO hours of service regulations
- Availability to work a variety of shifts including weekends if needed.
- Ability to manage high stress situations calmly and effectively
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check
Job Type: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $21-24 per hour
Location: Toronto, GTA
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $21.00-$24.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Logistics: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
As an equal opportunity employer, Staff Shop celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We know that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, 2SLGBTQAA+ people, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that we will never reach our definition of excellence without you.