Start Date: Immediately
Specific Shifts: Monday-Sunday 8:00am-5:00pm
About Staff Shop:
Staff Shop Inc. specializes in Temporary, Direct Hire, Payrolling & Consulting services, hiring and placing amazing candidates like you for our Clients in all industries, across North America, and the Caribbean. If you want to work, we want to work with you 🙂
What Staff Shop Offers:
- Our staff enjoy the proper tax deductions, a weekly pay-cheque paid direct deposit, and a T4 each year
- We follow all provincial government regulations regarding your rights as an employee and your personal information is handled with the utmost confidentiality
- Advanced technology allows for easy scheduling and communication with our Staff Star teams
- Referrals are welcomed! Opportunities to work with your friends and network in the industry.
About the role: Line Cook
We are looking for 6 full time line cooks for a great opportunity in a ski village. who will be responsible for ensuring that the assigned work site is clean and clear of debris. This is a fun role where you will work hard, but play hard too. Perks include a free ski pass and 40% discount on food. There are also discounts on dogsledding, snowmobiling, retail rentals, etc. Choose to live on site in the staff housing and ride a gondola to work that takes you to the village, and everything (market, bars, etc) is accessible on foot. A fun contract for someone who wants to work hard, play hard and crush winter sports in their free time.
Uniform is provided – all the staff will need is their own black non-slip CSA approved kitchen shoes. Earliest shift starts at 7:30am. Latest shift goes to 11pm but that is not typical.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Preparing ingredients throughout shift by portioning and chopping vegetables, making salads, sauces, and creating garnishes
- Performing all kinds of cleaning duties of the kitchen including and maintenance and general sanitation
- Garnishing and preparing food along with other light kitchen duties as assigned
- Wash, peel, and chop fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, poultry, and shellfish
- Working in a timely manner ensuring overall food quality and health standards are maintained
- Must be able to work in conditions involving noise, heat, temperature changes, kitchen elements, moisture, etc.
- Previous use of cookware appliances and knives skills with care
- Must have excellent time management skills to ensure timely food production
- Be able to lift items weighing up to 25lbs and able to lift up to 50lbs with another person to assist
- Must be able to exert moderate physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reaching up and down, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling and pushing as well as remaining stationary at times throughout work periods
- Be flexible for varying shifts/hours
- Be punctual and reliable and committed to each assignment
- Food handling certificate as applicable per province, considered an asset
- Preferred experience: 6 months- 1 year of relevant kitchen experience
As an equal opportunity employer, Staff Shop celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We know that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, 2SLGBTQAA+ people, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that we will never reach our definition of excellence without you.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $22.00 per hour