Job Title: Line Cook
Start Date: ASAP
About the role:
We have an exciting/urgent requirement for our client’s hospitality company, seeking the interest of dynamic, experienced, and responsible professionals for the position of Line Cook Japanese, Mediterranean, and Seafood Experience
- You will be a part of our mission to create a unique and seductive experience for each and every guest and ensure that every guest will leave with a desire to return. You’ll do this by placing care and attention in the preparation, cooking, and plating of the dishes served to our guests.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Communicating with management prior to shift regarding daily menu needs, special functions or events for the day
- Ensuring kitchen is ready for business before restaurant opens (i.e., sanitizes work area, stocks work area, prepares raw ingredients)
- Preparing food items to company standards while also accommodating guests’ special requests
- Inspecting food orders to ensure proper plate presentation, portioning and recipe adherence prior to sending food out to guests
- Ensure Food quality is at the highest standards of restaurants established food quality and plating specifications.
- Ambassador of the Perfect Guest Experience.
- Driving knowledge around our food and beverage program, as well as hospitality and salesmanship.
Must Have Japanese, Mediterranean, and Seafood Experience
Strong English Communication skills are a must
- Passion for culinary excellence
- Be able prepare food to specifications
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in a timely fashion.
- Stock, set up and clean stations throughout their shift.
- Previous experience working in a high-volume restaurant
- Strong organization and time management
- Quick thinking, light on your feet, energetic
- Follow Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers.
- Available to work a variety of restaurant operating hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Cooking: 2 years
- Roll with the punches
- Works well under pressure
- Team-oriented, collaborative
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)
Start Date: ASAP
Worksite Locations: Beautiful Nassau, Bahamas! (Multiple locations)
Compensation: Monthly payment in USD -Negotiable
Min 2-year commitment
Full-time relocation required and facilitated.
Work permits, Accommodations & Travel will be provided by the client.
If you are qualified and interested, please reply with your updated resume to kimberley(at)staffshop.ca
and complete our 5-minute core value assessment https://members.taylorprotocols.com/Tools/CVIGift.aspx?GiftHash=dde39b67-6c08-1037-9eee- a667101c5d7d
– no right or wrong answer, simply what you value most.
We look forward to meeting you
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour
- How many Years, Japanese, Mediterranean, and Seafood Experience?
- Able to Relocate: 2 yr minimum commitment in the Bahamas?
Travel, Work Permit, Accommodation’s Provided. For employee only)
- Line Cook: 2 years (required)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: One location
As an equal opportunity employer, Staff Shop celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We know that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, 2SLGBTQAA+ people, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that we will never reach our definition of excellence without you