Start Date: ASAP
Specific Shifts: 10 hours a day, 7 days a week rotating schedule
About Staff Shop:
Staff Shop Inc. specializes in Temporary, Direct Hire, Payrolling & Consulting services, hiring and placing amazing candidates like you for our Clients in all industries, across North America, and the Caribbean. If you want to work, we want to work with you 🙂
What Staff Shop Offers:
- Our staff enjoy the proper tax deductions, a weekly pay-cheque paid direct deposit, and a T4 each year
- We follow all provincial government regulations regarding your rights as an employee and your personal information is handled with the utmost confidentiality
- Advanced technology allows for easy scheduling and communication with our Staff Star teams
- Referrals are welcomed! Opportunities to work with your friends and network in the industry.
About the role:
A light duty custodial associate is generally responsible for cleaning tasks in designated areas of a building, trailer, BRM, or BRS unit. These facilities are offices, lunch, and change facilities. Duties including dusting, dust/wet mopping, washroom cleaning, office cleaning, touchpoint sanitation, coffee station cleaning and stocking, office cleaning, emptying and cleaning of waste receptacles and waste removal.
- Low/High dusting of surfaces and vents in all units
- Desk/cabinetry surface cleaning in all units
- Sanitize printer in applicable units
- Wiping of chairs and bases in applicable units
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles in all units
- Sanitize coffee maker, microwave, slop bucket and countertops in coffee station/kitchens inclusive restocking of supplies in all units
- Spot cleans walls, partitions, light switches and doors/knobs, windows and sills in applicable units
- Dust/ Wet mop floors in all units
- Sanitize lunchroom tables and chairs in applicable units
- Dust/wet wipe benches/lockers and surfaces in change units
- Cleans and disinfects washroom fixtures, toilets, urinals, sinks, dispensers, partitions, mirrors, and restocking of all washroom supplies twice per shift. Two additional checks with spot clean required.
- Removal of waste bags by hand or via wagon to designated disposal areas.
- Ordering of supplies to unit, coffee, water levels and custodial supplies
- Stocking wagon or carts for transport of supplies and water for unit to unit cleaning.
- Utilizing equipment provided to complete all tasks
- COVID disinfection in all units as designated
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional Possible Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities may vary depending on the work site location
- Attend all required health & safety training
- Follow safe work instructions and assists in prevention
- Complies with H&S regulations and company policies
- Does not operate any equipment without prior training
- Use all required PPE where indicated
- Reports any unsafe conditions, hazards and all workplace injuries
- Seeks assistance from leads as required
- Reports absences in a timely fashion
This job is also known as: Cleaner, Cleaning Staff, Janitor, Janitorial Associate, Custodian, Facility Cleaner