Start date: Immediately
Specific Shifts: 2:00PM-10:00PM
About Staff Shop:
Staff Shop Inc. specializes in Temporary, Direct Hire, Payrolling & Consulting Hospitality & Event Staffing Services – for food services companies, caterers, venues, hotels, large annual events, festivals and private clients across North America, and the Caribbean. We have an immediate opening for a Junior Manufacturing Specialist.
What Staff Shop Offers:
- Our staff enjoy the proper tax deductions, a weekly pay-cheque paid direct deposit, and a T4 each year
- We follow all provincial government regulations regarding your rights as an employee and your personal information is handled with the utmost confidentiality
- Advanced technology allows for easy scheduling and communication with our Staff Star teams
- Referrals are welcomed! Opportunities to work with your friends and network in the industry.
About the role:
The Junior Manufacturing Specialist takes ownership in added-process machine operation, including but not limited to lamination and print. They are a member of a rapidly evolving Manufacturing team whose focus is providing best in class products.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manufacture a best in industry product that reaches a worldwide audience.
- Assess and determine daily lamination schedule.
- Begin training on operating Lamination machines.
- Begin training on Plotter machines.
- Begin training on quality checks before, during, and post production.
- Bring cut material to slicing racks and slot it correctly by priority.
- Effective communication at all levels across departments.
- Excel both individually and as part of the larger team to achieve departmental goals.
- Demonstrate an innovative and curious mind in order to find efficiencies and improvements in day-to-day operations.
- General machine maintenance.
- Keeping work stations clean and cleared.
- Proper handling and storage of raw material.
- Forklift/Walkie operation.
Dexterity, resulting in speed while maintaining accuracy.
have exceptional and proven written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to
present in a compelling and concise manner.
- Insights and engagement with the current state of smartphone and mobile tech.
- Commitment to long-term growth and learning opportunities.
- The ability to solve complex problems (or know what to ask Google).
- The instinct to help teammates thrive and the openness to learn from their experience.
- Highly detail oriented, self sufficient, resourceful, organized, and proactive.
- An impeccable communication style – your grasp on the English language is flawless. You
- Ability to multitask.
- Considerable working memory.
- Ability to lift and maneuver material rolls up to 60” in length and 50 lbs in weight.