Start Date: Immediately
Specific Shifts: Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-5:30PM with some overtime. Weekends during Black Friday to Boxing Day.
Wage: $16/Hour, 42.5/week
About Staff Shop:
Staff Shop Inc. specializes in Temporary, Direct Hire, Payrolling & Consulting Hospitality & Event Staffing Services – for food services companies, caterers, venues, hotels, large annual events, festivals and private clients across North America, and the Caribbean. We have an immediate opening for an Inventory Specialist.
What Staff Shop Offers:
- Our staff enjoy the proper tax deductions, a weekly pay-cheque paid direct deposit, and a T4 each year
- We follow all provincial government regulations regarding your rights as an employee and your personal information is handled with the utmost confidentiality
- Advanced technology allows for easy scheduling and communication with our Staff Star teams
- Referrals are welcomed! Opportunities to work with your friends and network in the industry.
About the role:
The Inventory Specialist will work with team tasks as well as individual tasks where core responsibilities need to be completed on a daily basis. They will also be able to multitask and pivot in different directions as priorities change.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide accurate and timely inventory counts according to company processes.
- Collect, organize, and accurately stock inventory from the Manufacturing department.
- Coordinate pending orders between our Fulfillment and Manufacturing departments.
- Conduct weekly warehouse supply counts.
- Communicate both up and down channels.
- Excel both individually and as part of the larger team to achieve departmental goals.
- Demonstrate an innovative and curious mind in order to find efficiencies and improvements in day-to-day operations.
- Own the role and grow with our developing inventory system.
- Assist in new device and material planning/allotment within the inventory system, by physically reorganizing inventory bins and pallet racks.
- Receive, organize, and count product shipments.
- Be cross-trained in Weeding, Slicing, and Order Fulfillment duties
- Highly detail oriented.
- Ability to count quickly and accurately.
- Self sufficient, resourceful, organized, and proactive.
- Considerable working memory.
- Ability to multitask.
- Can keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- The instinct to help teammates thrive and the openness to learn from their experience.
- The ability to solve complex problems (or know what to ask Google).
- Commitment to long-term growth and learning opportunities.
- Insights and engagement with the current state of smartphone and mobile tech.
- A fiercely competitive spirit – one who knows nothing less than achieving perfection.