We are currently looking for an Office Administrator for an approximate 4-month contract in Petawawa. If you are looking for a great opportunity, then look no further, we have an amazing contract for you!
Some of the tasks of the Administrator role are, but not limited to the following:
- Reporting on safety/security issues (i.e. hazards or damage to facilities or equipment)
- Utilizing a series of databases, systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Facilitating all administrative processes pertaining to all members in the unit, including pay, allowances, personal documentation with requisite forms, passport applications, maternity and parental benefits, honours, and awards, leave, promotions, varied applications, mail, and Central Registry in a fast-paced garrison and operational context
- Advising and assisting all members of the unit as it relates to administrative support, by conducting appropriate research, seeking clarification and appropriate interpretation of policies and directives to include the implementation of, in addition to providing administrative support both directly and indirectly to all members of the unit
- Maintaining unit member personnel files, allowance files and leave files in accordance with established policies and directives
- Using, operating and caring for: office supplies; furniture and equipment; and fax machine in day-to-day work
What’s in it for you?
- Great work hours Monday to Friday 8:30-4pm
- Rate of pay $19-$22/h based on experience
- Approximate 4 month contract (could go longer)
- Amazing work environment with incredible individuals to make the work day great
- Exposure to new and different processes to add to your resume
What do you bring to the table?
- You have minimum 2 years experience as and Administrator assisting the Human Resources department
- You posses a Secret Security Clearance
- You have experience with benefits, maintaining personnel files, database administration, and health and safety
- You have proven ability in reporting
If this Job Description looks like something you’d like to pursue, please don’t hesitate to apply! We look forward to hearing from you.
Staff Shop Inc. is a privately held Canadian-Indigenous-Women owned staffing and essential resource firm servicing Canada I USA I Caribbean as an award-winning diverse supplier, certified with CCAB, CAMSC, WBE & WEConnect.
As an equal opportunity employer, Staff Shop celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We know that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, 2 LGBTQIIA+ people, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that we will never reach our definition of excellence without you.