As a service leader, we will ask that the Manager, Hospitality leads, and assists the Assistance Manager & Supervisors to oversee the business and provides support to the QSR team Members to operate in a manner consistent with established departmental policies and procedures.
The Manager, Hospitality Outlets will be the fundamental key person to drive the department forward to Brand Excellence. The person will be a great coach, Mentor & Team builder to ensure that we strive for flawless execution of our food & Beverage service. They will be a Brand ambassador and will take the lead to create a winning experience for all team members & Guests
Key responsibilities include creating and executing the departments’ daily, weekly, and monthly operating plan and providing coaching and support to all Assistant Managers & supervisors, and front-line team members. They will be fully accountable to develop and implement innovative programs, operational processes, and procedures that reduce short- and long-term operating costs and increase sales and profitability. The Manager will need to be self-driven, motivated and a great coach to ensure day-to-day operational excellence. The Manager will ensure we are delivering winning experiences to our guests and leading in a manner that’s consistent with the company’s values and beliefs.
- Accountable for HeadCount Planning, Hiring, and onboarding for all roles within the department. Accountable for the weekly Management schedule, and monitoring of the Assistant Managers and Supervisors’ attendance management.
- Responsible for assisting all Supervisors/Assistant Managers with yearly goal planning, monitoring progression on a monthly basis, and updating the Woodbine “CARE” performance management platform on a regular basis throughout the year.
- Plan, troubleshoot, review and organize daily administrative duties to ensure that all daily/weekly administrative responsibilities are carried out by the Assistant Managers, Supervisors & Team Captains to the Woodbine standards.
- Attend weekly Hospitality Department – Labour meetings. Participate in reviewing results against budgeted labor dollars and present departmental Labour Action Plans.
- Accountable for yearly Sales, Labour, and Operating expense budgets and ensuring all costs are within a line to all approved budgets.
- Plan and control staffing schedules, payroll through our time and attendance system, and the creation of weekly schedules within the payroll budget costs that are approved.
- Address and investigate any employee issues such as work performance, attendance management, policy & procedure breaches, grievances, disciplinary outcomes, etc. of all team members.
- Responsible for training, coaching, and assisting in all aspects of the operation to ensure that every Meal period runs flawlessly if needed.
- Develop individual Assistant Manager & Supervisor 30.60.90-day plans to provide direction and key tasks to achieve to help improve the overall service and culinary offering with the Hospitality business.
- Oversee, coach, and counsel the Assistant Managers & Supervisors during peak periods to develop their leadership skills in achieving the brand standards of excellence.
- Recognize and monitor the performance of all Assistant managers & Supervisors on a daily, weekly & Monthly basis and provide ongoing feedback.
- Manage the food and beverage operating costs to budget or better. Accountable for the introduction and implementation of the new COG Platform (Yellow Dog) and will take an active role performing inventory counts, analyzing results and building weekly action plans to improve the overall COG and the reduction of wastage within all operations.
- Assess Supervisors & Assistant Managers for the completion of Management – Opening & Closing checklist, organizing of efficient preparation, production of food and beverage, and the merchandising plans for Hospitality outlets.
- Provide Supervisors and Assistant Managers with the weekly shift meeting topics that have the highest impact on the business. Coach and counsel Supervisors/ Assistant Managers on delivering high-energy/detailed shift meetings.
- Ensure that the Supervisor & Assistant Manager is executing all food and beverage products 100% to the standards of performance – recipe builds and merchandising planograms.
- Responsible for the introduction, deployment and promotion of any new Concepts / Products / Equipment / Promotions and be a departmental expert within these areas.
- Meet & Communicate regularly with all team members and prepare an action plan to improve areas that may be determinantal to the operation.
- Responsible for the “Focus of the Week program” and empower the Supervisors/Assistant Manager team to ensure that the training, observation and sign-offs are completed on a daily & weekly basis.
- Communicate and train all QSR leaders & employees on the departments’ SOPs, standards and policies, and procedures and ensure that all Supervisors fully understand all SOP standards and can coach them accordingly.
- Monitor Assistant Managers, supervisors, and front-line team member performance and praise and corrective coach appropriately.
- Be the 2nd or 3rd level in the escalation process for handling guest complaints and make necessary adjustments to create winning experiences for both the guest and the team member. Empower all supervisors & Assistant Managers and team members to make guest-based decisions to ensure all guests have a positive and enjoyable experience.
- Lead Culture meetings with team members– once a month to gather team member feedback and action items discussed at the meeting and follow up with all Supervisors to ensure that team members feel heard and actions are being taken to fully support our teams.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable governmental regulations
- Lead by example to exhibit, encourage and motivate WEG’s Values and Beliefs
· Advanced knowledge of F&B operations
· Advanced knowledge of collective agreements and leading in a unionized environment
· Advanced knowledge in safe food handling practices
· Advanced knowledge in safe alcoholic beverage practices
· Competent knowledge of inventory control systems
· Competent in resolving conflicts, coaching, and training.
· General knowledge of financial reports and operational impacts on results
· Advanced knowledge in food preparation techniques, production requirements, and merchandising
· General interpersonal, communication, organization, and management skills, combined with competent project management, team leadership, and mentoring/coaching skills.
· Strong People management and guest relations skills are a must
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, challenging, and ever-changing work environment.
· Ability to independently make sound decisions on important operational issues while considering multiple variables and outcomes as it relates to the financial impact on people and assets.
· Ability to communicate goals and objectives to supervisors and front-line team members
· Ability to collaborate and work with others to develop and implement goals, as well as maintain and influence internal relationships.
Education and Experience
· Minimum grade 12 education
· Recognized course in Hotel / Restaurant Administration / Management
· 5 – 6 years of practical experience in managing a multi-unit F & B operation in a senior leadership role.
· Experience with PC network and associated business software an asset
· Sound knowledge of electronic POS, Labour & F&B Inventory systems.
· Certified in WHMIS, Food Handler & Smart Serve
· Experience managing a large number of people required.
· Normal office environment where there is some exposure to external weather conditions and some physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, etc.
· Exposure to all areas of the facility with regular standing and walking required.
· Regular interruptions and multiple demands. Must be able to respond to numerous outside influences and impacts.
· Required to work evenings and weekends due to operational demands.
· Some travel required between various WEG locations/sites.
**This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 per year