Staff Shop is looking for a friendly and driven individual to source, recruit and interview applicants with quick, clear and friendly communication. The Freelance Recruiter would be expected to assist on projects by supporting the recruitment process if and when necessary. If you are the right person, you will be joining a fierce competitor in the Staffing & Essential Resources space, who is passionate about freeing up time, showcasing the value in people, and providing growth opportunities for everyone involved.
The Freelance Recruiter is involved in the full-cycle staffing and recruitment process by providing support to the team through hiring, filling job orders, and providing the highest quality service to clients and candidates, always in accordance with Company values.
Reports to: COO
- Post and maintain job advertisements and social media presence on an ongoing basis to maintain a database of candidates for future/large volume projects
- Evaluate resumes, conduct interviews and evaluate candidates to determine fit & suitability, assign and evaluate applicable assessments, meeting hiring goals and metrics
- Work closely with clients to assess their recruitment needs
- Creatively determine innovative ways to source candidates, expand referral network, and keep talent pipeline full
- Manage day-to-day client and candidate communication (in person, phone, email, and other), ensuring timely response rates to all stakeholder to ensure satisfaction
- Conduct quality calls and check ins to assess needs on site, replace and react if needed
- Generate a minimum of five (5) qualified sales leads or opportunities for revenue/growth for follow-up by Upper Management per week
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (20%)
- Demonstrate and speak to Company Mission, Vision and Values, demonstrating company culture to other employees, clients and temporary staff as appropriate. Act as an ambassador for Staff Shop using language as directed by Upper Management
- Maintain database of candidates effectively, ensuring current and accurate information and auditing for errors and missing data
- Ensure timely collection and filing of signed documents from clients and candidates, supporting the process of hiring and onboarding in accordance with all ESA and MOL standards
- Create and send communications as directed, using and creating templates where necessary, to support the constant flow of communication with all stakeholders
- Support calendaring and and administration for Upper Management, taking a detail-oriented approach to tasks as directed
- Post-secondary education or a combination of related education and experience * Strong writing and verbal communication skills are required
- 1 – 3 years’ experience full cycle recruiting with 2 years’ experience in hospitality & events
- Must be flexible on hours of availability going above and beyond regular office hours for client requirements and servicing (dependent on Client)
- A proven track record of delivering results and following through on objectives
- Previous experience utilizing recruiting resources such as job site aggregators, ATS and job distribution tools
- Proficient in electronic and traditional prospecting and networking skills; ability to proactively and continually seek new sourcing options and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer
- MS Office – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven project management (managing and prioritizing multiple searches and projects) and client relationships skills
Accountability – Responds to job-related commitments by meeting deadlines and being reliable; reviews and assumes additional responsibilities.
Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and requirements. Recognizes new information and ideas with a willingness to alter opinions and behaviours. Applies versatility, reasoning, and innovativeness in the face of change. Able to collaborate comfortably in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
Communication – Ensures that communication efforts meet the needs of various groups and is properly understood.
Decision Making – Makes concrete, well-informed, and thought-out decisions that support the overall organization. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions, even when data and details are limited. When making unfavourable decisions that might have negative consequences, examines the impacts and potential implications to ensure that decision is valid for the situation.
Networking and Relationship Building – Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships and networks of key contacts with people and colleagues; maintains partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
Planning and Organizing – Adapts priorities and responsibilities in response to changing needs.
Problem Solving – Responds to issues by offering solutions that fall within the positional responsibilities, involves others as required.
Results & Service Orientation – Operates with high attention to detail regarding performance goals; works on a continuous basis to meet or exceed client and organizational needs.
Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates in group activities, fostering a team environment.
Stationary Position (70 – 80%), Move / traverse (20 – 40%), Operate a computer / phone (90%)
Environment: Work remotely, indoor, moderate noise levels
Part-time hours: 3-40 per week
Expected Start Date: 2021-03-01
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Freelance
Salary: $32,306.00-$65,566.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Agency Recruiting: 3 years (Required)