Staff Shop Inc. specializes in Temporary, Direct Hire, Payrolling & Consulting services, hiring and placing amazing candidates like you for our Clients in all industries, across North American and the Caribbean. Our client from a leading Hospitality and Entertainment industry looking to hire Prep/Line Cooks for their facility immediately. If you would like to work in a fast-passed environment, we want to work with you!
Some of the key responsibilities include: preparing and cooking all items required for the daily menu, (ala carte) by following proper sanitation and stock procedures; as well as assisting the culinary management team with other related tasks to deliver an incredible winning experience!
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Preparing of ingredients throughout shift by portioning and chopping vegetables, making salads, sauces, butchering meats, and creating garnishes
- Cook all orders according to food health and safety standards
- Cooking of meals, appetizers, entrees, and deserts following recipes and/or creating your own
- Make adjustments to food items to accomodate guests with allergies or dietary restrictions
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and processes
- Working in a timely manner to ensuring memorization of complex and multiple orders
- Performing various kinds of cleaning duties of the kitchen including and maintenance and general sanitation
- Previous use of cookware appliances and knives skills with care
- Familiarity with several line stations: sautee, grill, fryer, cold stations
- Ability to work in changing environments, from restaurant to banquet style cooking
- Must be able to work in conditions involving noise, heat, temperature changes, kitchen elements, moisture, etc.
- Must have excellent time management skills to ensure timely food production
- Be able to lift items weighing up to 25lbs and able to lift up to 50lbs with another person to assist
- Must be able to exert moderate physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reaching up and down, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling and pushing as well as remaining stationary at times throughout work periods
- Be punctual and reliable and committed to each assignment
- Food handling certificate as applicable per province, considered an asset
- Preferred experience: 1-2 years of relevant kitchen experience
The start date would be Immediately
As an equal opportunity employer, Staff Shop celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We know that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, 2SLGBTQAA+ people, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that we will never reach our definition of excellence without you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kamloops, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cooking: 1 year (required)