Note: you will need a vehicle to get to the worksite in King City, ON.
Our client is looking for 2 Cooks to join their team in King City, ON. You’ll be a part of a team of 12 folks responsible for the BOH operations including helping with buffets, lunches and à la carte dinners (Italian, French, Indian, Mexican, Greek, Southwest American. The Chef keeps the menu exciting — daily rotations!
You’ll be working 7 days a week, 40 hours with two days off in a row.
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant
- Maintain a prep list of station duties
- Assist in food inventory and control
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- 1-2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant.
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing.
What you’ll get
- Compensation: $20-$25/hour
- 2 weeks vacation
- Full benefits,
- RRSP contribution 3.5%
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Will you be able to commute to King City with a vehicle (transit is not an option).