Looking for a job that’ll let you cook up some fun? Look no further! We’re a small catering company located in the heart of downtown Hamilton, and we’re seeking an hourly production kitchen worker to join our team.
Working side-by-side with our head chef, you’ll help us create unforgettable experiences for our clients, working long days and weekends to ensure that every event is a success. With an unpredictable schedule and the possibility of working more than 44 hours per week, we need someone who’s up for a challenge and ready to take on anything that comes their way.
Professional kitchen experience is a must, and experience working with people for events like weddings is a plus. You’ll need to be comfortable driving around with equipment and willing to help with all tasks, no matter how big or small.
Our busy season runs from May to October, and we’re looking for someone who’s committed to helping us make it a success. If you’re the right fit for our team, there’s even a possibility of going on salary in the future.
Requirements for the role include 3+ years of kitchen experience (no junior candidates, please!), leadership skills, problem-solving ability, and availability on weekends. You’ll need to be open to hands-on work and versatility, able to work in a remote catering service.
We’re offering a salary range of $20-25 per hour, and our hiring process includes a phone interview, walk-through interview, and paid working interview. So, if you’re ready to cook up some fun and join our team, send us your application today!
Qualifications and information:
- 3+ years of kitchen experience required (not a dishwasher or junior role)
- Leadership skills and ability to troubleshoot
- Availability to work solely on weekends and open to long hours
- Willingness to help with all tasks, no “that’s not my job” attitude
- Experience working with service staff, with event teams
- Hourly pay with potential to move to a salary of $20-25
- Seasonal work with events throughout the year
- Three-stage interview process: phone, walk-through, and paid working interview
- Versatility required, including lifting, setting up tents, and physical activity.
As an equal opportunity employer, Staff Shop celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We know that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, 2SLGBTQAA+ people, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that we will never reach our definition of excellence without you.
Care to Share?