Catering Chef – $2,300.00 / month

Staff Shop

Full Time
Vancouver
Posted 2 months ago

Our client is hiring for a very exciting opportunity to work abroad in the sunny Bahamas as a Chef for one of their high-end catering clients. You will be responsible for cooking gourmet meals for 120 people a day — 5 days a week. The asian-inspired catering menu will be 60% vegan, and the other 40% can get meaty!

Our client is willing to sponsor your work permit (if you are in Canada or the US), provide relocation assistance, staff housing, meals, and shuttle service to and from work.

Responsibilities

  • Cook gourmet meals for up to 120 people per day, taking into account vegan dietary restrictions
  • Able to develop and produce creative menus for daily corporate clients including diverse multicultural dishes.
  • Enjoys creating and executing new dishes every day
  • Ensure all food meets the highest quality standard and is served in a timely manner

Requirements

  • Must be 18 years of age or older
  • Minimum 3-5 years experience as a Catering Chef or working large events
  • Asian cuisine experience preferred
  • Ability to provide excellent guest service while working in a fast-paced environment
  • Positive attitude and ability to communicate effectively

What you’ll receive

  • Fully sponsored work permit
  • Staff housing — your rent costs are $0!
  • Transportation to from your place of residence to work — also free!
  • Two weeks paid vacation
  • You’ll get paid in the Bahamian dollar — which is on par with the USD

As an equal opportunity employer, Staff Shop celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We know that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, 2SLGBTQAA+ people, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that we will never reach our definition of excellence without you.

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: $2,300.00 per month

Job Features

Employment

Full-time

Location

Vancouver, BC

Pay Rate

$2,300.00

Apply Online

A valid email address is required.
A valid phone number is required.
Image

Staff Shop Inc. is a privately held Canadian-Indigenous-Women owned staffing and essential resource firm servicing Canada I USA I Caribbean as an award-winning diverse supplier, certified with CCAB, CAMSC, WBE & WEConnect.