Our client, a multinational professional services company, and one of the big 4 accounting firms has a need for a bilingual Receptionist for their Montreal location. As part of the Executive Assistant Group, you will play a vital role in supporting our client’s Partners and contributing to their Core Business Services team. We are seeking a dynamic individual with a minimum of 1 year reception experience and a professional, yet friendly communication style. The ideal candidate is looking to build a career in administrative type roles, and eager to grow their career in an established company. Candidates who pass the final interview would be required to complete English & French grammar & MS Suite tests as the next stage.
As the Receptionist and first point of contact for the firm you are the face of our client. You are a driven workplace services professional who enjoys working in tandem with your colleagues while striving to understand and anticipate customer’s needs to exceed expectations. Your key responsibilities also include:
- Greeting visitors: Receive & welcome visitors to the office in a professional, courteous manner.
- Incoming calls: Answer queries and directs calls.
- Security badges: Maintain and track all visitor and temporary building and/or office security badges.
- Electronic Visitor Log: Check visitors in & out, providing the appropriate security badge if needed, and informing appropriate staff of their arrival.
- Managing a high quality, client-focused Executive conference room service while providing enhanced hands-on support for state-of-the art meeting spaces.
- Completing regular housekeeping checks throughout all Executive conference rooms to deliver a consistently seamless meeting room experience to all internal and external users.
- Ensuring the meeting rooms are managed to the highest of standards, and report all deficiencies to the Workplace Services Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Being the first point of contact for any room issues, providing a prompt and appropriate response and working to determine a timely resolution.
- Ensuring meeting spaces have sufficient supplies through collaborating with the catering and Workplace Services teams.
- Being aware of all details such as meeting start and end times, number of attendees in the room, etc.
- Advise the appropriate staff members of last-minute changes in meeting room status and of any special request.
- Assistance with catering as needed including coordinating the invoicing process.
- Assistance with meetings/events coordination to support the events Coordinator as needed
- Hours: 8-5/530 PM, with some overtime or adjusted hours required as needed.
Skills and Required Attributes
- Committed to contributing to a strong team culture to ensure success.
- Develop and maintain relationships to efficiently leverage expertise.
- Sound judgement regarding confidential and sensitive matters.
- Proven ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Highly motivated, analytical, logical thinker.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Aptitude to differentiate when to act independently or team with others.
- Exceptional client service experience.
- Strong oral communication skills in English and French, including active listening.
- This role involves interaction with clients operating nationally and globally. Bilingualism in both French and English is therefore a requirement of this role.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- 1 year of Reception experience
- Professional services firm experience
- Post-secondary education
What we offer
Our client offers a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, their Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. The Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, they offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry.
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
Our Client’s Diversity and Inclusion Statement
“Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. We embrace diversity and are committed to combating systemic racism, advocating for the 2SLGBT+ community, promoting our Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, and are dedicated to amplifying the voices of Indigenous people (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis) nationally as we strive towards reconciliation. Our diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds, and perspectives make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.”
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Reception: 1 year (preferred)
- Bilingual FR & EN (required)
Work Location: In person
As an equal opportunity employer, Staff Shop celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We know that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, 2SLGBTQAA+ people, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that we will never reach our definition of excellence without you.