Assistant Store Manager – Salvation Army Thrift Store
you will support the Store Manager in the organization and supervision of all operational areas of the retail store.
- Communicate courteously with guests by telephone, email and face to face, providing excellent guest service.
- Schedule and supervise store staff; prioritize, assign tasks and follow up.
- Daily floor walks to assess stock levels, rag outs, pricing, organization, and cleanliness of store.
- Ensure targets are being met.
- Promoting and selling products and services while maintaining a variety of reporting and scheduling systems.
- Comply with all legislative and company policies and procedures adhering to Health and Safety, Operations, and Finance.
Assistant Store Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- A Grade 12 education with 2-5 years of demonstrated supervisory retail experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience driving results, motivating and directing others, and managing and measuring work/systems.
- Superior process and time management skills, experience in cash, pricing, sorting procedures and product display and promotion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and experience working with a diverse population are essential.
- Computer literate with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, email, internet, and have knowledge of basic accounting procedures, including online payroll and timekeeper systems.
- Successful reference and background check.
We provide a passionate fast paced community environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service. You will experience firsthand the impact of our work in our communities.
Competitive compensation including:
- Staff discounts.
- Employer provided RRSPs.
- Vacation (3 weeks/ 6%).
- Group Benefits.
- Paid sick time.
- Leadership Development Training.
- The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, and recognition programs.
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan.
- Long term disability coverage.
You can expect:
- To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals.
- We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs; days, evenings, and weekends (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
In the email subject line please identify the location and position being applied for.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salvation Army Thrift Store – National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time.
Salary: $18.86-$23.57 per hour.
- Dental care.
- Disability insurance.
- Extended health care.
- Life insurance.
- Paid time off.
- RRSP match.
- Store discount.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Vision care.
- 8 hour shift.
- Day shift.
- Evening shift.
- Weekends as needed.
Work Location: In person.