Start Date: ASAP
Location: Témiscaming, QC
About Staff Shop:
Staff Shop Inc. specializes in Temporary, Direct Hire, Payrolling & Consulting services, hiring and placing amazing candidates like you for our Clients in all industries, across North America, and the Caribbean. If you want to work, we want to work with you 🙂
What Staff Shop Offers:
- Our staff enjoy the proper tax deductions, a weekly pay-cheque paid direct deposit, and a T4 each year
- We follow all provincial government regulations regarding your rights as an employee and your personal information is handled with the utmost confidentiality
- Advanced technology allows for easy scheduling and communication with our Staff Star teams
- Referrals are welcomed! Opportunities to work with your friends and network in the industry.
About the role:
We are looking for a Bilingual (French & English) Assistant Manager for one of Eastern Canada’s finest fishing and hunting lodge. The person must be comfortable with outdoor activities, and must know how to tie a fishing knot. Their general responsibilities include sales expansion and performing duties as the General Manager may reasonably assign. They will report to the General Manager acting as his help and in the absence of the GM, will have overall supervision of staff and the provision of its services.
1. Sales and Marketing
- Timely response to all inquiries by guests and potential guests with subsequently following up on all of the same to maximize bookings by telephone, email, fax, letters, distribution of literature, etc.
- Prospection for new business opportunities (corporate, family, individual…), sales material development
- Maintaining guest relations, guest reservation, occupancy records, mailing list, guest origin, frequency and age analysis
- Booking reservations, confirmations, deposits and suggestions to ensure fulfillment of guests needs
- Greeting guests, registrations (check-in, licenses, check-out, guest accounts), guest reports and recommendations, complaint reception and follow up
- Hospitality: weather updates, general availability to offer assistance, discuss options, problem solve and show interest to guest needs.
- Presence at office at all times for the foregoing as required by General Manager and in his absence
- Upgrading and updating the website and social media.
2. Guest Safety and Security
- water hazard location and marking
- equipment use instruction and training – boating instruction
- fire avoidance
- map familiarization of guests
- wildlife (bears, wolves, etc)
- fishing activities records: killed fish records, good fish book records, frequency of lake use.
- fishing advice and assistance to guests: tackle and techniques, rules familiarization and compliance
- lake assignments: lake suggestions, guest familiarization with hazards and hot spots, reservation of back lakes
- guides: selection and hiring (with GM), assignments, supervision and review.
- Government reports
- duties similar to fishing activities
- effort to be made to better exploit the guest potential of this resource (without impairing resource)
- allocation of territories – control
5. Other Guest Activities
- hiking trails
- mountain bikes
- paddle board, canoes, kayaks
- flora and fauna identification and signalization – photo opportunities
- development of new activities
- the ‘’trading post’’: product selection, purchase, inventory control, sales, suppliers (along with GM)
- outdoor equipment: boats, motors, batteries, life preservers, landing nets, paddles, bicycles, etc. (selection, control, cleaning and maintenance supervision).
7. Docks, Landings, Campground, Outposts, Picnic Areas and Road Signs
- improvement suggestions
- inspection, maintenance supervision
- zebra mussel detoxification enforcement and techniques update
8. Yard Work
- yard staff schedules, supervision and work allocation
9. Habitat improvement
- opportunities for improvement
- bimonthly meetings with General Manager
- daily logbook
11. Other Duties
- as assigned by General Manager
- to continuously identify opportunities to improve, including the housekeeping of the grounds, equipment and the territory in general, and the overall attractiveness to guests with a view to increasing business and profits.
- to ensure the client’s continued recognition as the finest fishing and hunting lodge in Eastern Canada.