Are you an Accounts Payable/Bookkeeping professional that is looking for that next great opportunity in your career? Do you like having different tasks to do throughout your week to mix things up a bit? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you! We are currently searching for an Accounts Payable/Bookkeeper to join an amazing team in Hamilton Ontario.
If you are interested so far, keep reading to see if it is the right fit for you!
What you will be doing (but not limited to):
- Accounts Payable: Process of Vendor Invoices and resolve any invoice discrepancies
- Review and post employees’ expense reports
- Schedule and prepare cheque run, wire payments and EFT
- Assist the finance department on month-end functions – Journal entries, account analyses etc.
- Post journal entries
- File government remittances; HST, WSIB, Excise, Payroll taxes, T4’s, EHT and Carbon Tax
- US Dollar trade deals
- Reconcile trial balance
- Bank Reconciliations
What do you bring to the table:
- You have at least three years work experience in a related position
- Accounting diploma preferred
- Experience working with Sage Business Visions (asset)
- You have intermediate level working experience with MS Excel
- You are able to work independent but also can come together as a team
- You are able to multi-task as well as assist other teammates as required
- Proficiency in English (both written and oral)
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal manner with a focus on customer service (both internal and external)
- Possess strong organizational skills, be self-motivated, detail oriented and driven
- Dependable, accurate, reliable, flexible and a team player
What’s in it for you:
- Monday – Friday 8-4:30 work week
- Great pay $26-$28/h
- Health Benefits – Medical, dental, physio, massage
- Paid Vacation time
- Free Parking
- Great work environment
If you are interested, and meet the criteria, we welcome you to apply.
About Staff Shop
Staff Shop Inc. is a privately held Canadian-Indigenous-Women owned staffing and essential resource firm servicing Canada I USA I Caribbean as an award-winning diverse supplier, certified with CCAB, CAMSC, WBE & WEConnect.
As an equal opportunity employer, Staff Shop celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We know that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society including but not limited to BIPOC, 2 LGBTQIIA+ people, immigrants, veterans and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that we will never reach our definition of excellence without you.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person