*** Please note this opportunity is in Parry Sound, ON and would require you to commute 2-3 days during the week. The rest of the time remote work is offered.
Staff Shop Inc. specializes in Temporary, Direct Hire, Payrolling & Consulting services, hiring and placing amazing candidates like you for our Clients in all industries, across North American and the Caribbean. If you want to work, we want to work with you!
Our client is looking for an Accountant for their family-run business in the design and construction of homes and cottages. The Accountant will work with the management team to ensure all financial tracking and reporting obligations are met with an exceptional degree of timeliness and accuracy. This includes period end reporting, planning and forecasting, cost reconciliation, profit analysis, inventory analysis, and all other top and bottom line financial considerations.
- 5-10 years progressive experience in financial analysis/accounting leading full cycle accounting processes
- Experience in Construction/Trades considered an asset
- Hands on experience running and/or overseeing payroll and related processes
- High level Proficiency with Sage accounting, and MS Excel required
- Experience working with multiple companies an asset
- Provide shareholders with timely and accurate monthly financials, and budget forecasts
- Corporate accounting responsibilities including full-cycle accounting, month-end adjusting entries, AP / AR review, intercompany reconciliation, bank, and balance sheet reconciliation
- Working with the A/R and A/P team to reconcile accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Working with the team to establish more efficient and streamlined bookkeeping processes and deadlines
- Maintain the fixed asset listings for all companies
- Maintain internal controls to ensure the integrity of the accounting system, records and procedures to satisfy external audit requirements.
- Support as required payroll functions, ensure procedures are in compliance with Canada Revenue Agency requirements
- Prepare annual government reporting returns, T4’s, T5’s, T5018’s, ensuring timeliness and accuracy as well as compliance with revolving changes
- Prepare timely monthly/quarterly Canada Revenue Agency tax remittances (Source deductions, HST, WSIB, EHT and tax installments).
- Work in collaboration with the shareholders to deliver value-added management reporting figures including key performance metrics and projection, support administrative team to maintain accuracy of customer files
- Lead the year-end audit process and liaise with the external accounting firm to ensure timely completion of the work
- $75,000 – 95,000 annual salary commensurate on experience,
- Benefits Package + $2500 Flexible Health Spending
- Yearly Bonus
- Hybrid work offered (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
Expected start date: 2022-08-01